Friday, November 5, 2010

New sketches



These two were done during a boring training session at work. They're on lined paper too..oh nooooooo!! The horror!!

I hate the elitism I'm starting to encounter in the online art circles. I guess I'm not worthy of a response of any kind until I've proven myself. Seems to be two types of people in that field, the pros and fanboys.

I just think back to what my hero, Muhammad Ali said about the encounter with his hero at the time, Sugar Ray Robinson. He was so excited to meet the guy and Sugar Ray blew him off. Ali was crushed. It was then that he said that he'd always treat his fans like they were somebody special. Ironic how after Ali made a name for himself you can find pictures of Ray Robinson cheesing beside him.

Like Heavy D once said in a rap song, "Don't be down with anybody let 'em all be down with you." With that, I'm heading off to the drawing table. I don't need to be famous. I just want to be better with each drawing and or painting. If i do become known then I'll have the pricks in the business to thank for teaching me how NOT to be.





No comments: